Originally posted on March 27, 2020. Last updated on May 5, 2021 *NEW*
We will be posting tools and resources to help providers and patients with mental health and wellness throughout and after this crisis. New and updated resources will be added to the top of each list as they become available.
We ask teams who develop or know of good tools to please consider sharing them for distribution.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2021
Subject: Vaccination roll-out
Dear Premier Ford and Minister Elliott:
Our members/staff are engaged community health providers who have been fighting on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic since it began. We are aware that vulnerable and home-bound individuals in the community are slated as the next priority group to receive vaccinations. These people are cared for by our providers.
January 19, 2021
We would like to thank you and your team for your ongoing work in ensuring the people of Ontario stay safe
as we combat the pandemic. Your tireless efforts are greatly appreciated.
On Friday, Oct. 23, AFHTO along with our partners presented at Trillium Research Day demonstrating the value of primary care teams' response to COVID-19 and patients' experience with virtual care:
- Responding to COVID-19: Understanding How Primary Care Teams Stepped up to Help Support Their Communities and Patients- a. Sandeep Gill, Rachelle Ashcroft, Catherine Donnelly, Simon Lam
- Learning from Patients’ Experiences with Synchronous Virtual Encounters in Primary Care During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Mixed-Methods Study- a. Rachelle Ashcroft, Simone Dahrouge, Catherine Donnelly, Bridget Ryan, Judith Belle Brown, Lisa Dolovich, Jean Grenier, David Verrilli, JavedAlloo, Jennifer Rayner, Sandeep Gill, Simon Lam, Kavita Mehta
- Addressing the Impact of COVID-19 by Generating a Policy-Oriented Action Plan to Strengthen Mental Health Services in Primary Health Care (PHC)- a. Maya Dancey, Rachelle Ashcroft, Keith Adamson, Toula Kourgiantakis, Anne Kirvan, Lisa Dolovich, Catherine Donnelly, Judy Belle Brown, David Verrilli, Sandeep Gill, Deepy Sur, Kavita Mehta
- Oral Presentation - After the Pandemic: Understanding How Primary Care Teams Will Incorporate Learnings from the Pandemic to Support Their Communities and Patients- a. Sandeep Gill, Catherine Donnelly, Rachelle Ashcroft, Simon Lam, Kavita Mehta
And here's a video of the poster presentation:
Tectonic shifts: rebuilding primary care in a new world
- Virtual Mental Health Tools - Togetherall, BounceBack and Beacon Demonstrations Slides
Hosted by AFHTO
Please join us for some background and live demonstrations of Mental Health tools.
Background: In Ontario, Canada, social workers are employed in a number of primary healthcare (PHC) settings such as Community Health Centres (CHCs) and Family Health Teams (FHTs). However, many aspects of social work practice within PHC settings are unknown.