Working group volunteers have met for inspiring and fruitful brainstorming this week. Don’t be surprised if you hear from them soon, especially if you have insight into the topics below. Among other topics, your peers want to hear about:
- Lived experience of Black, Indigenous and other visible minority patients- straight from the source
- Rural LGBTQ experience
- Health anxiety
- Integrated access to medical records
- Separating truth from fiction related to COVID
- Policy-level discussion on cancer screening and any changes to accommodate the pandemic and our post-pandemic reality
- Differences between OHT and non-OHT regional approaches to COVID
- Addressing marginalized populations’ lack of access to virtual care
- Evidence of efficacy of virtual appointments vs. in-person care
Colleagues from other health care sectors, non-profits, and the academic community will join, all eager to hear about these and more in our 5 core themes. The deadline to submit for an #AFHTO2020 presentation is July 29, 2020.
- Review submissions guidelines and tips
- Review conference theme descriptions
- Download the submission form template to start your draft now
- Submit your abstract online
All are welcome. Please pass this along to your peers, colleagues and network including those from other healthcare sectors, non-profits, and the academic and research communities.
Reduced registration fee for concurrent session presenters: For each approved concurrent session, up to 2 presenters will each be granted a discount off the conference registration fee (now available). Additional discounts apply for patients presenting at the conference. (Discount doesn’t apply for poster displays.)
- Are you proud of what your team has accomplished, especially during this pandemic?
- Do you want your colleagues to be recognized for the amazing work they do?
- Do you think it would be great to see your initiative spread across the province?
If you’ve said yes to any of the above, submit a Bright Lights nomination!
Don’t be left out- they’ve started to pour in so send in your nominations and supporting documents
before the deadline, Wednesday, July 29.
We encourage small, rural and Northern teams to apply. You can watch this 2016 webinar or view the slides if you’ve never submitted a nomination before.
For more information regarding eligibility please visit our site.
To complete your nomination by July 29, 2020:
Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 29, 2020
- Pro Tip: Using the nomination template, save a Word version of your nomination as a backup to your submission.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!
Conference key dates:
- July 8, 2020 Call for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights opens
- July 29, 2020 Deadline for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights submissions
- August 2020 Conference registration opens
- October 8-9, 2020 AFHTO 2020 Conference
If you have any questions about the submission process or want to know if your work is a good fit, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 647-234-8605x 200. We’d be happy to help.