Shine a light on your team’s achievements.
AFHTO’s “Bright Lights” Awards recognize AFHTO members’ leadership, outstanding work and the significant progress being made to improve the value interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver. Select award recipients will receive an education grant.
Bright Lights Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2021 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held on October 27th, 2021.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this 2016 webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
For a program, initiative or individual to be eligible for a Bright Lights award, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- Programs or initiatives must be undertaken by an AFHTO member. If the nomination involves a team’s partners, the work must either be led by an AFHTO member or they otherwise play an integral role.
- Programs or initiatives that have previously won a Bright Lights award are no longer eligible, whether in their original or expanded model.
- Individuals must be staff or affiliated with an AFHTO member and the nomination must be for work they’ve performed in their capacity as such. Please note- education grants will be paid to the team rather than an individual.
Five awards will be presented this year:
1. Demonstrating a community response to COVID-19
2. Small, rural, and Northern teams that have taken care of their communities during COVID-19
3. Local-level research
4. Reducing unnecessary care *
5. Integrated care for older adults living with complex health conditions**
* Education grant will be given to the award recipient in this category above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Choosing Wisely Canada.
** Education grant will be given to the award recipient in this category above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Provincial Geriatrics Leadership Ontario.
Shine a light on your team - Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before August 30, 2021.
- Submit supporting documents to email@example.com:
- 1-4 high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 27th (Photos should be at least 500 KB in size.)
- Take a video (30-90 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be promoting nominations before the conference, so please consider providing an overview of your initiative as part of your nomination(optional).
- Signed statement of attestation to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is September 9, 2021.
Past Award Winners
Congratulations again to all the past winners of our “Bright Lights” Awards! To learn more about past “Bright Lights” Awards winners and their accomplishments, please visit the links below:
- 2020 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2019 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2018 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2017 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2016 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2015 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2014 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2013 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2012 Bright Lights Award Winners
Online Hall of Fame
We are shining more light on all the "Bright Lights" nominees! You can see the nomination through the online hall of fame: