HOSTED BY AFHTO & GeriMedRisk
In this webinar, Dr. Ho will review the pharmacology of aging and its impact on adverse drug events among seniors. Additionally, Dr. Ho will also introduce practical, accessible tools and services that primary care providers can use to optimize drug safety, including accessing GeriMedRisk. GeriMedRisk is an Ontario Ministry of Health-funded telemedicine consultation service that increases virtual access to an interdisciplinary team of geriatric specialists who can answer clinical questions regarding your older patients’ medications, physical and mental health conditions.
- Review the impact of adverse drug events among seniors
- Review pharmacology of aging
- Review initiatives to optimize drug safety
- Practical, accessible tools and services
- Integration of a geriatric clinical pharmacology and psychiatry interdisciplinary service (GeriMedRisk) into your daily workflow.
Dr. Joanne Ho MD, FRCPC, MSc
Dr. Joanne Ho is a geriatrician, clinical pharmacologist and internist from the Kitchener Waterloo area and Assistant Professor with the Department of Medicine, Divisions of Geriatric Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, McMaster University. She is the co-founder of GeriMedRisk, and also serves as Co-Executive Director and consultant geriatrician and clinical pharmacologist.
When: June 24, 2021 (12-1 pm EST)
Registration: Click here