We asked you what you wanted in a virtual conference and now you can make even more of an impact. Play a vital role by joining a working group today. Come behind the scenes and be the first to learn about new developments in the field, influence conference programming and discover the latest innovators in areas directly relevant to your work. Working group members also receive a discount off their registration fee.
Please extend this invitation along to your patients, colleagues and staff. Having diverse voices, especially patients, in the working groups helps us build a varied and relevant program.
We’re setting up working groups for each of the five concurrent streams and for the Bright Lights Awards program. The five concurrent streams will focus on:
- Mental health and addiction support in primary care
- Integrating digital health and virtual care
- Integrated care and community responses
- Public health and primary care
- Addressing social determinants of health
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort between July and August, specifically:
- July 8 to 29: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- Week of July 20: working groups will have an initial Zoom meeting to brainstorm ideas on specific topics and speakers to contact/encourage to submit for a presentation.
- July 31 to August 12: each working group member individually reviews and scores presentation abstracts for their program.
- August 13 to 18: working groups will teleconference to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by July 15, 2020 to confirm your participation and select your conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours in August, specifically to individually review and score nominations followed by a group teleconference to determine the award winners.Sign up by July 15, 2020
We may also need volunteers “onsite” during the conference itself. There may be other duties as we update our conference program but like other volunteers described above, onsite volunteers will receive discounted conference registration. Sign up today.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a discount off their registration fee (to be announced shortly)
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
AFHTO members still receive a 50% discount on conference registration fees (coming soon).
Conference key dates:
- July 8, 2020 Call for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights opens
- July 29, 2020 Deadline for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights submissions
- August 2020 Conference registration opens
- October 8-9, 2020 AFHTO 2020 Conference
For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).