A Fireside Chat with the Ministry of Health and Ontario Health – The Role of Primary Care during the Pandemic and Beyond
We are pleased to welcome Deputy Minister of Health, Dr. Catherine Zahn, and Ontario Health CEO, Matt Anderson, to the AFHTO conference this year at our pre-conference fireside chat on Oct. 11! Together, we will have an informal conversation about the current state of health care in Ontario, including their reflection on the role of primary care during the pandemic and in the build back of the health care system in the province.
Moderated by AFHTO’s past president, Dr. Allan Grill, this session will be an important opportunity to hear about the work the government is doing. We encourage members to join and to submit questions by Sep. 23, 2022.
Want to come for free?
We have several openings for program hosts. These volunteers help keep our sessions on track and get complimentary registration in return. See the role description here and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested. Deadline Aug. 31, 2022.
Updates and deadlines
- The deadline for the board award nomination is today! Members, nominate a deserving partner or healthcare inspiration now.
- Posters are now listed on our site
- You voted and now we know- our opening plenary speaker Dr. Thomas Bodenheimer will focus on “Can primary care survive without a team? Can primary care thrive with a team?”
- AFHTO "Bright Light" Awards Ceremony – Awards will be presented at lunchtime on October 12, 2022, for a celebration recognising the outstanding patient-centred care interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
- Fifteen concurrent sessions and over 50 posters in 4 core streams from diverse organisations, highlighting best practices and innovations in primary health care.
- On- demand sessions for those who can’t get enough content and those tuning in from home
- Networking sessions
- … and more! See the Conference Schedule Conference Schedule for the current agenda.
We’ll also release more information about other sessions throughout the summer so stay tuned!
Patients and students welcome! For general information, you can visit our conference page.
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2022 Conference!