Shine a light on your team’s achievements. Nominate an outstanding team or individual for a “Bright Lights” Award by July 15, 2022.
AFHTO’s “Bright Lights” Awards recognize AFHTO members’ leadership, outstanding work and the significant progress being made to improve the value interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
There’s no better time to show what you can do.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators, and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2022 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held at lunchtime on October 12, 2022.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this 2016 webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
Awards will be presented in five categories this year:
- It takes a team: collaboration inside and out
- Health equity at the centre
- Sustainable solutions to primary care problems
- Mental health and addictions
- Special recognition for underrepresented teams
- In 2019 Trent Hills FHT won special recognition for providing better care for rural children . This year all new/underrepresented primary care teams again can win an award for their contributions to Ontario’s healthcare system. The winner(s) will be selected based on the strength of their nomination to one of the four categories above.
Shine a light on your team - Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 15, 2022.
- Submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1-4 high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 12.
- Take a video (30-90 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with email@example.com.
- Signed statement to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is July 27, 2022
Plus, reviewers needed
We just need a couple more people on the review committee. If you’d like to learn more about your peers’ contributions and get a $35 discount on your registration fee, please apply here. Deadline June 22, 2022.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!