Shared by Wellness Together
Shared on February 11, 2021
Now more than ever, the mental health of people across Canada is being challenged. The COVID-19 pandemic is often thought of as a public health crisis, but it is also proving to be a mental health crisis.
Services nationwide continue to experience unprecedented demand as people struggle to cope with the mental health impacts of isolation, financial uncertainty and the complex challenges brought about by disruptions to daily routines.
Every person in Canada deserves access to free, immediate and 24/7 mental health support during these trying times. Wellness Together Canada is here to help.
About Wellness Together Canada
Wellness Together Canada is Canada’s first and only online platform offering immediate mental health support for people of all ages, in every province and territory, and in both official languages.
It provides a “stepped care” model where Canadians can be instantly connected to virtual mental health services, from a five-minute self-assessment, to extensive support and resources, to live phone, video or text counselling with a mental health professional or crisis responder.
The portal is funded by the Government of Canada.
- All services and resources are available 24/7 at no cost to users, ever. This includes:
- Immediate crisis support
- Mental health self-assessment and monitoring
- Access to self-directed virtual programs
- Moderated community of support
- Virtual group coached anxiety program
- E-courses, including drop-in mindfulness class
- Live one-on-one counselling support by video, phone, or text
- Get Help Now
- Visit Wellness Together Canada for 24/7 access to free mental health and substance use support at wellnesstogether.ca.
- For Immediate Crisis Support: Text WELLNESS to 741741.
- If it is an emergency, phone 911.