Ministry of Health news release - March. 3, 2020
Ontario is launching Roadmap to Wellness: A Plan to Build Ontario's Mental Health and Addictions System.
Today, Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, and Michael Tibollo, Associate Minister of Mental Health and Addictions, were at Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences to unveil the new roadmap, which provides a clear path forward toward offering Ontarians easier access to higher-quality care and supports in communities across the province.
The new Mental Health and Addictions Centre of Excellence within Ontario Health will serve as the foundation on which Roadmap to Wellness is built. Historically, Ontario has had great success in building a world-class system of care, such as cancer care. The centre will be the coordinating, central provincial body that will leverage this experience to enable and drive the effective implementation of the plan's four pillars:
- Improving quality;
- Expanding existing services;
- Implementing innovative solutions; and
- Improving access.
- Ontario Unveils Plan to Build Mental Health and Addictions System - Ministry of Health, Mar. 3, 2020
- Roadmap to Wellness- Ministry of Health report
- H+K Memo on Ontario Government's Mental Health and Addictions Strategy - members only