Originally published Jul. 30, 2019. Last updated Aug. 8, 2019
On July 18, 2019, the Minister of Health, Hon. Christine Elliott, hosted a town hall to provide an update on the next steps for becoming an Ontario Health Team (OHT) for those who completed a self-assessment. With more than 150 submissions received, OHTs are being positioned as a new way to deliver care by providing seamless transitions of care for patients and removing barriers for providers.
Out of the readiness assessments received, 74 teams have demonstrated the core components necessary for the development of the OHT (inclusion of primary care, acute care and community care). Thirty-one (31) teams have been invited to proceed to full application phase (which need to be submitted by October) and then forty-three (43) teams are moving to in development.
After the town hall, multiple announcements for individual applications went out and AFHTO members so far are either leading or actively involved in multiple OHTs who can now proceed to full application.
Proceeding to full application:
- Algonquin and Cottage Country FHTs- “Muskoka invited to submit full application for Ontario Health Team”, muskokaregion.com, Jul. 22, 2019
- Aurora-Newmarket FHT, Georgina NPLC and Southlake Academic FHT- “Seniors would be priority for Southlake-led Ontario Health Team”, NewmarketToday.ca, Jul. 25, 2019
- Barrie and Community FHT and Barrie CHC- “Barrie health professionals closer to Ontario Health Team designation”, Simcoe.com, Jul. 25, 2019
- Burlington, Caroline, Hamilton and McMaster FHTs- “Hamilton and Burlington health providers apply to be first in Ontario to reinvent care”, Hamilton Spectator, Jul. 19. 2019
- Chatham-Kent, Thamesview and Tilbury District FHTs- “Health-care model could soon change in C-K”, Chatham Voice, Jul. 23, 2019
- Central Brampton, North Peel, Queen Square, Wise Elephant and Woodbine FHTs- Brampton, Bramalea, North Etobicoke, Malton and West Woodbridge OHT
- Clinton, Huron community, North Huron, North Perth and Stratford FHTs- Huron Perth and Area OHT
- City of Lakes FHT- Sudbury and Districts OHT
- Couchiching FHT– “Ontario Health Teams will focus on needs of local patients: Officials”, Orillia Matters, Jul. 25, 2019
- Dufferin Area FHT- Hills of Headwater OHT
- ÉSF académique Montfort and Family First FHT- Ottawa East OHT
- Grandview and Two Rivers FHTs - Cambridge and North Dumfries OHT
- Guelph FHT - Guelph and Area OHT
- Humber River FHT - North Toronto OHT (Toronto - North East)
- Lakeview, Northumberland and Trent Hills FHTs - "Proposed Ontario Health Team for Northumberland one of 31 teams in the province selected to move forward", Northumberland Hills Hospital and Northumberland County news release, Jul. 18, 2019
- Markham FHT – “Eastern York Region and North Durham Ontario Health Team receives approval”, Markham Stouffville Hospital press release, Jul. 18, 2019
- Niagara North, Portage Medical and Welland McMaster FHTs- Niagara OHT
- North York FHT- North York Central Health System
- Peterborough FHT - Peterborough OHT
- Powassan & Area FHT - Near North Health and Wellness
- Summerville FHT- Mississauga OHT
- Sunset Country FHT- All Nations Health Partners
Congratulations to all our teams proceeding to the next phase and all those who have been invited to develop their application further.
This page will be updated when relevant news is received.