Shine a light on your team’s achievements. Nominate an outstanding team or individual for a “Bright Lights” Award by August 27, 2021.
AFHTO’s “Bright Lights” Awards recognize AFHTO members’ leadership, outstanding work and the significant progress being made to improve the value interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
There’s no better time to show what you can do. Select award recipients will receive an education grant.
“Bright Lights” Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2021 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held on October 27th, 2021.
Not sure if your team’s achievements merit recognition? Never submitted a nomination before? You can watch this 2016 webinar or view the slides for an overview of what reviewers are looking for and tips for writing a nomination.
Five awards will be presented this year:
1. Demonstrating a community response to COVID-19
2. Small, rural, and Northern teams that have taken care of their communities during COVID-19
3. Local-level research
4. Reducing unnecessary care *
5. Integrated care for older adults living with complex health conditions**
* Education grant will be given to the award recipient in this category above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Choosing Wisely Canada.
** Education grant will be given to the award recipient in this category above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Provincial Geriatrics Leadership Ontario.
Shine a light on your team - Make a nomination today:
- Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
- Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
- Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before August 27, 2021.
- Submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1-4 high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 27th (Photos should be at least 500 KB in size.)
- Take a video (30-90 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with email@example.com. We’ll be promoting nominations before the conference, so please consider providing an overview of your initiative as part of your nomination(optional).
- Signed statement of attestation to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is September 9, 2021.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!