You can make an impact by joining a working group today. Come behind the scenes and be the first to learn about new developments in the field, influence conference programming and discover the latest innovators in areas directly relevant to your work. Working group members also receive a discount off their registration fee.
Please extend this invitation along to your patients, colleagues, and staff. Having diverse voices, especially patients, in the working groups helps us build a varied and relevant program.
We’re setting up working groups for posters and the Bright Lights Awards program. Sessions will be streamlined this year and curated by staff (i.e., there will be panels and keynote speakers for example instead of concurrent sessions). We will continue to have regularly scheduled webinars focused on primary care teams’ needs for the rest of the year so as always send in your suggestions! For this conference, we welcome speaker suggestions so let us know your thoughts as the five conference themes will focus on:
- Beyond our walls: expanding access to interprofessional team-based care
- Primary care leading in health system transformation
- Harnessing the power of relationships
- Right care at the right time: building digital models of care
- Equity as the foundation in delivery of care
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort in August, specifically:
- June 29 to July 30: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- August 4 to 18: each working group member individually reviews and scores poster abstracts for their program.
- August 19 to 27: working groups will meet via Zoom to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by July 8, 2021, to confirm your participation and select your preferred conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours in August, specifically to individually review and score nominations followed by a group teleconference to determine the award winners. Sign up by July 8, 2021.
We may also need volunteers “onsite” during the conference itself. There may be other duties as we update our conference program but like other volunteers described above, onsite volunteers will receive discounted conference registration. Sign up today.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a discount off their registration fee (to be announced shortly)
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
AFHTO members still receive a significant discount on conference registration fees (coming soon).
Conference key dates:*
- June 29, 2021 Call for poster and Bright Lights opens
- July 30, 2021 Deadline for poster and Bright Lights submissions
- July 2021 Conference registration opens
- October 27-28, 2021 AFHTO 2021 Conference
*All dates subject to change, except the conference dates.
To our sponsors, the sponsorship prospectus is coming soon. For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).