It’s time to highlight primary care.
Present your ideas and initiatives at the AFHTO 2020 Conference:
Tectonic shifts: rebuilding primary care in a new world
We asked and you answered. This year’s conference will be a streamlined virtual event- a little shorter but with even more variety in presentation format. We’ll be curating content for our 5 core themes, focused on interactive sessions, and we want your help.
Podcasts. Webcasts. Rapid Fire sessions. These are some of the new options this year. Podcasts and webcasts will be released on the day of their relevant theme, while interactive sessions e.g. workshops will be live.
We want your insight, from system and policy-level discussions to patient-focused inquiries into the ways teams can better serve their communities in a pandemic.
The deadline to submit for an #AFHTO2020 presentation is July 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Reduced registration fee for concurrent session presenters: For each approved concurrent session, up to 2 presenters will each be granted a discount off the conference registration fee (coming soon). Additional discounts apply for patients presenting at the conference. (Discount doesn’t apply for poster displays.)
Shine a light on your team’s achievements. Nominate an outstanding team or individual for a “Bright Lights” Award by July 29, 2020.
AFHTO’s “Bright Lights” Awards recognize AFHTO members’ leadership, outstanding work and the significant progress being made to improve the value interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
Bright Lights Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2020 Conference Awards ceremony, to be held on the morning of October 8, 2020.
Awards will be presented in six categories, including the conference themes and special recognition for team(s) that demonstrated a community response to COVID-19. The winner(s) will be selected based on the strength of their nomination to one of the five categories above.
Shine a light on your team - Make a nomination today:
Review the nomination categories in advance (see nomination guide pg. 3 for descriptions).
Review the nomination evaluation criteria (see nomination guide pg. 2 for details).
Complete the online nomination form and send all supporting materials before July 29, 2020
- Submit supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1-4 high-quality photos of nominees in png. or jpg. format to be featured at the Awards Ceremony on October 8th (Photos should be at least 500 KB in size.)
- Take a video (up to 10 seconds long) with your smartphone and share with email@example.com.
- Signed statement to release photos for AFHTO use.
- Any supporting evidence and materials as appropriate.
- Deadline to submit photos and video is August 12, 2020.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!
Conference key dates:
- July 8, 2020 Call for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights opens
- July 29, 2020 Deadline for concurrent session, poster and Bright Lights submissions
- August 2020 Conference registration opens
- October 8-9, 2020 AFHTO 2020 Conference
Do you know anyone with interesting and innovative initiatives to share? Please forward this email to your colleagues, community partners and stakeholders to make sure everyone has an opportunity to present their initiatives.
And don’t forget, the deadline to join a working group is next Wednesday, July 15. Come behind the scene and become among the first to learn about new developments in the field, influence conference programming and discover the innovators in your areas of interest.
For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).