Close to 900 people took part in the AFHTO 2013 Conference – Leadership in Healthcare for Ontarians. This theme ran through the conference from Lance Secretan’s inspiring opening to the closing panel debate -- “Be it resolved that health system transformation must be led by Primary Care.’” Leadership shone through in the pre-conference activities – the first meeting of the provincial Quality Improvement Decision Support (QIDS) Steering Committee, Executive Director Advisory Council, networking sessions for the various types of health professionals working in FHTs and the FHT leadership session. Leadership was also demonstrated by our AFHTO members as they unanimously ratified a bylaw that opens AFHTO membership to nurse practitioner-led clinics and any organization that provides interprofessional, team-based comprehensive primary care in Ontario. The AFHTO annual conference continues to be THE best learning and networking opportunity for people who work in and with family health teams, nurse practitioner-led clinics and others providing comprehensive, interprofessional primary care. Please help us to continue:
- Submit your evaluation survey: If you didn’t fill in the evaluation form at the conference, please take a moment to do so now.
- Book your calendar NOW for the next AFHTO conference on October 15-16, 2014, once again at the Westin Harbour Castle.
The value of the AFHTO 2013 Conference continues. Click on the links below to access:
- Slide presentations from the concurrent sessions
- These are posted on the AFHTO members-only website – log in at http://www.afhto.ca/members/ then go to tab “Conference Materials.
- Application for Certificate of Attendance
- Please complete and return the form to apply. This certificate may be used to apply for CME Mainpro-M1 credits and maintenance of certification for Certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members.
- Winners and photos from the AFHTO 2013 Bright Light Awards
- AFHTO Annual Report to the Members – October 2013
- Names and biographies of the AFHTO 2013-14 Board of Directors
Thanks once again to the volunteers who contributed to the success of the AFHTO 2013 Conference – speakers, working group members, program hosts, networking hosts, registration desk volunteers. Thank you as well to our sponsors and exhibitors. It’s truly an honour and pleasure to work with so many highly talented, enthusiastic and committed people across the FHT community. We look forward to seeing you next year!