Connecting physicians regionally is a powerful way to spark change, to improve the delivery of comprehensive patient services, and to influence health service decision making.
There is power in speaking with a collective voice, and there is an opportunity to strengthen the primary care sector by working better together within the shifting landscape of health care delivery in Ontario.
Below are tools and resources to support clinical leaders who may wish to consider how they may best work together to strengthen the primary care sector and to help deliver a coordinated continuum of care in their region and for their patients.
Primary Care Physicians: Working Together for Change
Primary Care: Local Change Ideas
- Guidance Document
- QI in Action eBulletin #95: Made-In Ontario High Impact Actions in Primary Care
- More sample change ideas
Sample tools & resources
- Draft Purpose of the Association
- Bulletin Board
- Draft Terms of Reference
- OHT Terms of Reference template for physician networks
- Invitation to Info Session
- Gear Shift: Primary Care at the Core - newsletter
- FHT to Print - update letter
- East Toronto Family Practice Network - website for physician networks. This includes access to a sample vision, mission, and roadmap.
- Dufferin Caledon Physicians' Association - website for physician networks
- Engagement Survey
More is in development! Check back regularly for new tools and resources.
- Network agreements
- Strategic priorities
- Additional Terms of Reference
- More surveys
Please send any tools or resources that you would like to add to the repository to Bryn Hamilton at email@example.com