Submitting a concurrent session and/or poster abstract:
Concurrent Session and Poster Abstract Submissions – Deadline Now on Apr. 26, 2019 at 9 aM
It’s time to show everyone what you can do.
Present your ideas and initiatives at the AFHTO 2019 Conference.
- Review submissions guidelines and tips
- Review conference theme descriptions
- Download the submission form template to start your draft now
- Submit your abstract online
Once your concurrent session presentation is accepted:
Concurrent session presenters are responsible for submitting their slide decks, conflict-of-interest declarations, and any special AV requests. Key dates, relevant links and more to help you prepare for the conference will be shared with all presenters.
2019 Key Dates
- June 13
- Deadline to submit conflict of interest form (due to changes in Mainpro+ accreditation, all COI forms must be submitted before accreditation can be granted)
- Deadline to send conflict of interest slides
- August 19
- Last date to book hotel rooms at the conference rate
- September 4
- Last date for Early Bird registration rates
- September 5
- Deadline to confirm multimedia/AV needs
- Deadline to send complete presentations including COI slides
Relevant links for Presenters and Coordinators
All links below are based on last year’s conference materials. These are subject to change based on updated 2019 requirements, to be confirmed when presentations are selected.
- Tips for presenters
- Conflict declaration materials
- All speakers, moderators, facilitators, and authors are required to complete the Mainpro+ Declaration of Conflict of Interest (COI) form.
As a presenter, you may be eligible for a registration discount. The contact person identified for each presentation has received the discount code and is responsible for sharing with presenters.
Declaration of Conflict of Interest
All presenters are required to declare any potential conflicts of interest conference organizers and to session attendees. To meet these requirements, you must download, complete and submit the following:
- The Declaration of Conflict of Interest template for slide presentations [PowerPoint Slides]
- The CFPC MAINPRO® Declaration of Conflict of Interest Form [Word Document]
Submitting your slides
- Conflict-of-interest slides must be submitted to AFHTO by June 13, 2019.
- Complete presentation slides must be submitted to AFHTO by September 5, 2019.
Please confirm with us by September 5, 2019 if there is a multimedia component to your presentation (sound, video, demonstration of a program or software, etc.).
At the Conference
A program host will be assigned to each of the rooms where concurrent sessions are being held. When you arrive at the room, your host will greet you and assist you with setting up your PowerPoint slides and projector as well as any other audio-visual equipment you have requested. During your presentation, your host will hold up time cards to help keep you on schedule and let you know when your time is up. At the end, he or she will act as a “moderator,” queuing audience questions. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.