I am currently carrying out an environmental scan of primary care-based interventions into health inequities and the social determinants of health in Canada. I am working with a student, Nazeefah Laher, to compile a list of primary care providers engaged in this work.
If you are a primary care provider and you feel you are engaged in work that directly intervenes into the social determinants of health or is aimed at reducing health inequities, I would hugely appreciate it if you could answer the following questions for us (if easier Nazeefah would be happy to connect by phone):
- Briefly describe the work you are doing to intervene into the social determinants of health or work targeted at reducing health inequities.
- Where do you practice?
- What is your practice model (i.e. interdisciplinary team, academic, solo practice, etc.)?
- Are you interested in being part of a community and ongoing discussion related to this work?
- If you are interested in being part of an ongoing community, in what area(s)? (Put an X beside all that apply)
- Clinical based interventions
- Education (undergrad, postgrad, continuing professional development)
- Advocacy and social policy development
- Please provide the name and contact information (email preferable) of anyone else you know is involved in this work?
- What’s the best email address to reach you at in the future?
Please send your reply to Nazeefah Laher at firstname.lastname@example.org, and please do not reply all :).
Family Physician, St. Michael’s Hospital and Inner City Health Associates
Associate Professor, University of Toronto
2018-19 AMS Phoenix Fellow