Relationship Design with Starfield in Mind
- CONTINUITY through better relationships,
- COORDINATION of better transitions,
- first point of CONTACT into the health care system, and
- COMPREHENSIVENESS by providing a wide range of services that deal with a broad range of patient problems and needs (‘womb to tomb’ care of the WHOLE person).
Ontario’s health system is ever-changing, but these shifts aren’t always fluid or easy to predict. Each change has the potential for far-reaching implications, but the fundamentals remain- clinical innovations, the latest medical advances… these won’t make a lasting difference unless primary health care sustains and strengthens the relationships that matter to serve to serve #EveryCommunityEveryPatient. At AFHTO’s 2018 Conference over 800 primary care providers, interprofessional health care providers, patients and community partners will explore how we can contribute to a high performing health system. Together we’ll tackle how to make the most of opportunities and minimize challenges, both locally and regionally, to improve health, health care, and value for all Ontarians.
Registration is now open!
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration extended to October 9, 2018
- Members receive a 50% discount on registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Reserve a room at the preferred group rate at the Westin Harbour Castle
- Book discounted travel arrangements with Porter Airlines and/or VIA Rail Canada
- Conference and registration FAQs
For an overall view of the conference, visit our conference section.
See below for more on our detailed and varied conference program: Sessions to be certified
- Conference Schedule
- Featuring Jody Gittell, Executive Director, Founder, Relational Coordination Research Collaborative
- Concurrent Sessions & Themes
- Get more from your EMR Sessions (vendors included)
- Programs available exclusively to AFHTO members:
- Leadership Triad Session –Addressing Mental Health and Addictions Needs in Primary Care - Leadership workshop for board members, board chairs, EDs and Lead MDs/NPs of AFHTO member organizations
- Expansion of Team-Based Care Community of Practice
- Governing Through Healthcare Transformation: Leading Practices in Effective Governance and Collaborative Governance
This 1-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits. Also, attendance entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 6.25 for Category II credits for conference and 1.5 Category II credits for pre-conference towards their maintenance of certification requirement. Non-certified sessions
- To find out more about our other great sessions, visit this page.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
Increase your corporate visibility with more than 800 leaders from primary care organizations across Ontario by sponsoring or exhibiting at the AFHTO 2018 Conference.
Future AFHTO Conferences:
For the forward planners, AFHTO’s conference dates for future years are listed below.
- September 19-20, 2019
- October 8-9, 2020