Improving Primary Care Together
Ontario’s health system continues to undergo transition with far-reaching implications. For the benefit of all Ontarians, primary care needs to be at the centre of this transformation. AFHTO’s 2017 Conference will show how we can all improve primary care together. The program will highlight how to make the most of opportunities and minimize challenges, both locally and regionally, to improve health, health care, and value for the people of Ontario. Join over 850 interprofessional primary care providers, patients and community partners for two session-packed days.
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration closes October 2, 2017
- Members receive a 50% discount on registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Reserve a room at the preferred group rate at the Westin Harbour Castle
- Book discounted travel arrangements with Porter Airlines and/or VIA Rail Canada
- Conference and registration FAQs
- Add this event to your calendar
See below for more on our detailed and varied conference program:
- Conference Schedule & Plenary Sessions
- Concurrent Sessions & Themes
- EMR Community of Practice Meetings (vendors included)
- Poster Displays
- Bright Lights Awards Ceremony & Reception
- Reception featuring Dr. Jeremy Petch & André Picard
- Programs available exclusively to AFHTO members:
- The Way Forward: Care Coordination Being Led by Primary Care – Leadership workshop for board members, board chairs, EDs and Lead MDs/NPs of AFHTO member organizations
- IHP Profession-Based Networking Sessions
- Physician Networking Session
- Program Planning Workshop
- “Tackling Really, Really, Really Hard Problems“: Leadership and Decision-Making in Today’s Reality- leadership training for EDs and Administrative Leads
- Physical Activity Community of Practice Session
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
Increase your corporate visibility with more than 850 leaders from primary care organizations across Ontario by sponsoring or exhibiting at the AFHTO 2017 Conference.
- Attendance entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 1.75 Category II credits for Oct 24th and 6 Category II credits for the Conference toward their maintenance of certification requirement.
- This program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario office for up to 14.00 Group Learning credits.
Future AFHTO Conferences:
For the forward planners, AFHTO’s conference dates for future years are listed below. Click on the dates to add these to your calendar.
- October 24 – 25, 2018
- Sep 19-20, 2019 (updated dates- calendar link to come)