Hosted by the Cannabis Knowledge Exchange Hub (CAMH)
Youth and cannabis use speaker series
Part 2: Panel Discussion: Cannabis use amongst Diverse Youth
September 29th, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
- Kiah Ellis Durity , Canadian Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- Kevin Haynes, Social Worker, Substance Abuse Program for African Canadian and Caribbean Youth, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Cathy Maser, Nurse Practitioner , Team Lead Transgender Youth Clinic, SickKids
- Dr. Hayley Hamilton, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research, CAMH
- Explore considerations for health and service providers working with diverse youth
- Hear from experts working with Black , racialized, Caribbean youth, LGBTQ2S+ youth , and youth with lived experience of mental health challenges
This series will be presented in English with simultaneous interpretation in French To participate in the French presentation, register here
This series will provide evidence on cannabis use amongst youth, present a panel conversation on how to meet the needs of diverse youth and provide concrete skills that practitioners can use when working with youth
Next in the series:
Part 3: How to engage youth in a conversation
This interactive webinar will highlight youth engagement principles to support youth in making informed choices about cannabis use.
The Cannabis Knowledge Exchange Hub is funded by Health Canada’s Substance Use and Addictions Program. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of Health Canada.