Hosted by the HPCO
Person Centred Decision Making (PCDM) Workshop Invitation
Person Centred Decision Making (PCDM), which encompasses Health Care Consent, Advance Care Planning, and Goals of Care (HCC ACP GoC), is a rapidly growing area of interest in communities across the province of Ontario. This attention has been further underscored by the onset and challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (HPCO) has worked diligently to develop relevant PCDM education for health care providers to increase knowledge and skills as well as build capacity across the system.
HPCO is currently offering a free PCDM Skills-Building Workshop on Engaging Patients in ACP and GoC Conversations. This competency training is intended for organizations and system leaders actively engaging in implementing ACP, GOC and Consent into practice.
This Interprofessional Skills-Building Workshop will provide a virtual opportunity to embed and integrate HCC/ACP/GOC into clinical practice and settings of care through two streams of training:
- Health Care Providers will learn how to have the conversations through simulated exercises.
- Administrators will learn the development of change management strategies system and how to integrate policies and practices into care settings (i.e., EMR)
- These workshops will be available from August 1, 2020 until February 15, 2021 and will be offered virtually given the COVID pandemic.
- The workshop is free of charge to participants and would run from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- The workshop is intended for groups of between 10 to 24 participants per organization with a recommended 70% HCP, 30% administration ratio.
- The interactive session will include several breakout groups and a variety of different learning styles including some didactic learning, videos, role playing with Standardized Patients, as well as group exercises and discussions.
- Workshops can also be tailored to unique organizational needs or sector requirements (i.e., primary care, LTC, acute care etc.)
Requirements to attend:
- Participants should have some prior knowledge of ACP/GOC conversations.
- Participants should complete the HCC ACP/GOC E-learning modules prior to the workshop.
- Space is limited so this opportunity is on a first come first serve basis. Priority will be given to organizations that have demonstrated readiness and who have identified ACP/GoC/HCC as a priority.
If you are interested in this limited opportunity, please complete the expression of interest form at the link below prior to August 31, 2020.
If you have any further questions, please contact Rachel Dragas at firstname.lastname@example.org.