HOSTED BY Ontario Health Quality & Ontario Pain Management Resources
Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m. EST
Join the Ontario Pain Management Resources Partners as we explore how to optimize your electronic medical record (EMR) to support safer pain management and opioid prescribing.
- Family physicians and nurse practitioners in northern Ontario who endeavour to access relevant data to support safer opioid prescribing and pain management, including primary care clinicians and support staff
- Review the context for this learning series and the opioid work taking place in the North
- Understand how you and your team can implement, use and modify queries to identify patients who have been prescribed opioids
- Demonstrate other EMR decision support tools
- Hear from local clinicians about their experiences documenting patient encounters and the value of creating EMR queries related to pain management
- Sandeep Gill, Clinical Knowledge Translation and Exchange Specialist, Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario
- Carol Martyn, Practice Advisor, OntarioMD
- Dr. Sarah Newbery, VP Clinical Services, Ontario Health (North)
- Dr. Kevin Samson, East Wellington Family Health Team
Northern Opioid Learning Community Office Hours
The hosts and guest speakers of these webinars will be available for follow-up support during “Office Hours.” These office hours are informal, with no planned agenda, and are intended to answer any questions you may have after applying suggested approaches in your own practice.
Office Hours for Optimizing your EMR for safer opioid prescribing and pain management (Part 1):
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 12:30–1:30 PM EST
Office Hours for Optimizing your EMR for safer opioid prescribing and pain management (Part 2):
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 12:30–1:30 PM EST
Outlook invitations with Zoom meeting details for Office Hours will follow via email.