Join NPAO on September 24 – 25, 2020 for their 2020 NPAO Annual Conference Professional Power: Empowering Nurse Practitioners in 2020 and Beyond. NPAO will be holding this conference in a virtual format. This year’s Annual Conference will provide you with evidence-based educational sessions, workshops, and skill-building forums.
NPAO understands that many Primary Care Providers are feeling professionally isolated, and wish to maintain and enhance their knowledge and skills. This year’s conference is the ideal setting for NPs to gather together in a virtual environment and hear current updates in clinical practice that can improve the delivery of health care for patients in Ontario. Their virtual conference platform is a way for NPs to stay connected during this unprecedented time.
On Thursday September 24, be sure to take advantage of the practical pre-conference workshops!
The selection of topics are suitable for Primary Health Care, Adult, Pediatric based NPs, and students. This year they’re offering some new and exciting topics including:
- Professional Development workshop. Morning geared to Novice and Student NPs. Afternoon is created with the experienced NP in mind
- CT/MRI Indications for the head, spine, MSK including chest x-ray interpretation
Be sure to register early to lock in your spot— these workshops almost always sell out!
Key highlights of the conference program:
- How to start an Independent NP Practice in Ontario
- Caregiver Psychological Considerations with Dr. Rima Styra
- Considerations for NPs Providing Virtual Care with Chantal Leonard, CNPS
- Love in the Time of COVID-19: A Trauma-Informed Approach with Mary Coughlin
- Emerging Vaccines and a COVID update with Dr. Angel Chu
Make plans now to attend NPAO’s 2020 Virtual Annual Conference.