Hosted by the MacMaster University Health Sciences CPD
May 27, 7:45 AM - May 28, 5:32 PM
Target Audience: Family Physicians, Medical Specialists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Social Workers, Rehab Therapists, Residents, Students & Other Healthcare professionals
At the end of this learning activity the learners will be able to:
- Identify the mental health needs of specific patient populations and know how to best meet those needs.
- Strengthen assessment and diagnostic skills related to numerous mental health concerns throughout the lifespan.
- Formulate comprehensive treatment plans utilizing a variety of therapeutic strategies, including pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy.
- Become aware of the latest clinical practice guidelines specific to each mental health concern addressed during this educational event.
- Be familiar with local, provincial and national resources, including online resources, specific to mental health concerns.
- Know when to refer for a specialty or tertiary care assessment.
- Appreciate that the provision of excellent mental health care requires a multidisciplinary effort, whenever possible.
- Assess for stress and burnout in self and others, identify ways to minimize risk, and know where to access help.
- 2 Day Physicians $250.00 +HST
- 2 Day Other Healthcare $175.00 +HST
- 2 Day Students/Residents $100.00 +HST
- One Day Physicians/Other Healthcare $150.00 +HST
- One Day Students/Residents $75.00 +HST
The McMaster University has a new collaboration with the McMaster Textbook of Internal Medicine (MTM, www.mcmastertextbook.com). The MTM app will be available for free for all course participants for a period of 6 months. This is an invaluable resource that is particularly targeted at building capacity for health care providers in primary care settings