Skills and Tools for New and Emerging Leaders and Managers
HOSTED BY The Centre for Organizational Effectiveness
Over the last 20 years at Centre for Organizational Effectiveness has heard from many
organizations that they’d love to provide some practical skills and tools to support new and emerging leaders on their journey, but they just don’t have the time to mentor every person in depth or pull together a cohesive program. CfOE is looking to support these organizations by doing just that!
The Centre for Organizational Effectiveness is offering a Practical Leadership webinar series that provides:
- 1-hour webinars on topics valuable to people in the early stages of their leadership and management journey, who will be able to reflect on and practice the skills we teach
- Practical tools such as videos, resources and templates
- The opportunity for any and all leaders to join (registration by an organization allows anyone in the organization to participate in the webinars)
- Optional certificate stream for those who participate in the full series and complete a reflection on each topic
- March 30, 2020, 12pm | Your reason to lead.
- What is your why? Aligning your “why” to the organizational mission
- April 27, 2020, 12pm | What changes for you as you become a leader/manager
- Finding the right networks of support as a manager and your position as an agent of the agency.
- May 25, 2020, 12pm | How do you influence with formal and informal leadership?
- Supporting change through formal and informal influence and authority.
- June 22, 2020, 12pm | Communication Basics
- Clarity, Conciseness and Civility
- September 28, 2020, 12pm | Conflict Resolution
- What happens when we don't all get along? How to navigate personalities that provide a challenge to you in your work.
- October 26, 2020, 12pm | Human Resource Essentials
- What I wish I knew about HR when I first became a leader/manager
- November 30, 2020, 12pm | Improving Outcomes
- Essential evaluation and quality improvement tools.
- January 25, 2021, 12pm | Financial Accountability
- What do I need to know about our budget?
- February 22, 2021, 12pm | Strategic Thinking applied to day-to-day work and decision-making
- How can I support our strategic plan
|Organization Size||Cost for full year of webinars||Additional cost per employee taking at certificate level|
|Up to 30 employees in organization||$900 + HST||$15 per person|
|31-100 employees in organization||$1,200 + HST||$15 per person|
|101-250 employees in organization||$2,000 + HST||$15 per person|
|250+ employees in organization||$2,500 + HST||$15 per person|
|Individual login for one-person only to participate||$150 + HST||$15 per person|
- Unlimited logins for your organization (except individual login option)
- Videos, resources and templates (through a secure portal)
- Certificate from CfOE (additional $15 pp for those who want to receive the certificate). For individuals to receive a Fundamentals in Practical Leadership Certificate, they will need to participate in every session (they will be available online if a date is missed) and complete a reflection exercise after each session.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org