Hosted by the HPCO and OACAO
Dates: Every Tuesday 2:00 – 2:40 PM January 26th – March 30th
- Seniors, Caregivers and families, Hospice Volunteers
You might be new to caregiving, or you might be well along your journey. Regardless of the unique circumstances of your situation, we do know that all caregiving can be incredibly rewarding, and it can be incredibly isolating and stressful too. These sessions are meant to assist you in finding the support you need. Each session will focus on different topics. The topics for each date are listed below. Please feel free to join the sessions you are interested in.
January 26th 2020
- The Caregiver’s Journey
- Care for the Caregiver and Handling Your Emotions
February 2nd 2020
- What are Community and Residential Hospice Care?
- What do People with a Life-limiting Illness Want?
February 9th 2020
- Why is a Family Member Acting that Way?
- What are Advance Care Planning, Goals of Care Discussions and Health Care Consent?
February 16th 2020
- How to Make Tough Decisions
- How to Give a Bed Bath and Attend to Personal Hygiene
February 23rd 2020
- Home Safety, Fall Prevention, Assistive Devices
- How to Communicate Effectively with Family, Doctors, Volunteers and Helpers
March 2nd 2020
- How to Communicate with Someone with a Life-Limiting Illness
- How to Help with Physical Needs
March 9th 2020
- How to Respond to Emotional and Spiritual Needs
- How to Respond to Cultural Needs
March 16th 2020
- The Importance of Observation
- Pain: How to Recognize It and How to Help
March 23rd 2020
- How to Be Present with a Dying Person
- Signs of Approaching Death and What to Do
March 30th 2020
- Grief: The Stages and How to Cope