Health System Integration Built on the Foundation of Team-Based Primary Health Care
Change can come fast and furious, and Ontario’s healthcare system is no exception. With legislation introduced in February, ‘upheaval’ could be considered an understatement. But the fundamentals remain- no matter the structure surrounding them, patients need care. And primary health care teams need to position themselves to provide this care in the best way possible.
‘Integration’ may be the word of the day, but primary care teams already embody it. Interprofessional comprehensive care creates a space, a patient medical home, and evidence shows this home is the best foundation for a high-performing health system. With this, we can truly say we’re providing patient-centred care.
Over 120 submissions were received for concurrent session and poster presentations at the AFHTO 2019 Conference. Thank you to all those who applied!
Reduced registration fee for concurrent session presenters: For each approved concurrent session, up to 2 presenters will each be granted a $50 discount off the conference registration fee. Additional discounts apply for patients presenting at the conference. (Discount doesn’t apply for poster displays.)
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
Increase your corporate visibility with more than 800 leaders from primary care organizations across Ontario by sponsoring or exhibiting at the AFHTO 2019 Conference.
Conference key dates*:
- April 26, 2019: Deadline to submit concurrent session and poster abstract
- Late May 2019: Concurrent sessions + posters selected + scheduled
- End of May to early June: Call for Bright Lights nominations
- June 2019: Conference registration opens
- September 4, 2019: Early-bird registration ends
- Sep 19 & 20, 2019: AFHTO 2019 Conference
* The conference date is set but all other dates are subject to change as needed.
Future AFHTO Conferences:
For the forward planners, AFHTO’s conference dates for future years are listed below.
- October 8-9, 2020