Addressing Substance Use Workshop (Level 1) Hosted by the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario About this Event: This free one-day workshop is for nurses and health professionals who want a fundamental understanding of how to work with clients who use substances. Workshop Objectives:
- review and identify the recommendations as outlined in RNAO’s Engaging Clients who use Substances best practice guideline
- state the major components of the Toolkit: Implementation of Clinical Best Practice Guidelines and learn effective guideline implementation strategies
- develop knowledge and skills in the area of substance use
- identify SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment) resources to support clients who use substances
- discover the role of the champion, and engage in networking opportunities
- increase awareness of available addiction and mental health resources
Hamilton Friday, August 10, 2018 8:30am-4:30pm To register for this event date click here. Woodstock Friday, August 26, 2018 8:30am-4:00pm To register for this event date click here.Chatham Friday, September 14, 2018 8:30am-4:00pm To register for this event date click here.