300-123 Third Ave
Timmins ON P4N 1C6
The White Pines Family Health Network (WPFHN) in collaboration with the Timmins Academic Family Health Team (TAFHT) is seeking an Information Technology Technical Support Specialist to join its dynamic primary care team of physicians, nurse practitioners and allied health professionals.
Technical Support Specialist
Permanent - Full-Time – 1.0 FTE
Job Reference #202207
- Management of Primary Care Electronic Medical Record (Telus Practice Solutions) over 8 physical office sites
- Responsible for network management, software development and database administration
- Advise on organizational requirements for software, hardware and IT network
- Identify and resolve daily issues for approximately 90 service providers
- Complete orientation and provide IT connectivity for new physicians, employees, students and medical residents
- Run internal audits within EMR for patient privacy
- Participation in Organizational committees
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Computer Engineering Technician diploma from an accredited community college
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of the PHIPPA
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Applications and Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Experience with Telus Practice Solutions (PSS) EMR or other EMR software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel to client sites (local)
- Willing to work after hours to complete tasks when required
- Current Driver’s Licence
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Timmins Academic Family Health Team
300-123 Third Ave.,
Timmins ON, P4N 1C6
by September 12, 2022 at 8:30am
WPFHN, through TAFHT offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental and pension plan (HOOPP).
We thank all applicants for their interest in WPFHN, however, only those applicants selected for an
interview will be contacted.
WPFHN/TAFHT supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
WPFHN/TAFHT is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our office at 705-267-1993, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.