103-1221 Lakeshore Road
Burlington ON L7S 0A1
The Burlington Family Health Team is looking for a System Navigator who is a dynamic team player to join an innovative, community-based primary care health team.
- Collaborating with clinicians, patients and community resources to address non-medical issues impacting patient health and wellness.
- Assessment of patients’ needs and goals around social determinants of health.
- Identifying community resources and linking patients through referral, advocacy and collaboration.
- Assessments –identify patient needs, create goals and care plans, review eligibility criteria for services needed
- Case management – care plans, direct patient follow up, contact with patients community supports, phone calls, advocacy
- Supportive counselling to support patients throughout the process
- Knowledge of community resources and various legislations ex. OW/ODSP, CPP-D, CFSA, WSIB – to provide information and referrals for patients, completing applications and forms, explaining processes and systems, education for clinicians regarding services available
- Problem-solving, engagement, interview skills – building relationships with patients, clinicians and community services, completing needs assessments, identifying needs and goals to develop care plans
- Comprehensive understanding of PHIPA legislation
- Experience with the use of Electronic Medical Records and Clinical Connect
- Adept at identifying resources through the internet and networking with community agencies
- Valid driver’s license; home visits may be required
- Social Service Worker Diploma; Registered Practical Nurse Diploma
- 2-5 years of experience with working with patients and community agencies
- Community Partners
- IHP’s and other team members
- Executive Director
How to Apply
Email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org