581 Davis Drive, Suite 201
Newmarket ON L3Y 2P6
The Southlake Academic Family Health Team is seeking a collaborative Social Worker/Psychotherapist to join our family practice teaching clinic on a permanent full-time basis (37.5 hours per week). The clinician will work with patients within our primary care team and provide brief individual and group counselling or therapy, assist patients with referrals to community resources, and provide consultations to other inter-disciplinary team members. Our team is currently providing services virtually and the possibility exists for the right candidate to continue providing services virtually on a permanent basis.
- Master in social work, counselling, psychology or equivalent in a clinically relevant field from an accredited university with a minimum 2 years mental health related work experience.
- Experience providing individual counselling and group development / facilitation
- Experience using evidence-based approaches in short term counselling setting
- Demonstrated knowledge in trauma-informed care
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated desire to work in an academic setting and participate in teaching activities
- Must comply with the standards of practice guidelines of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers OR the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)Member of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience with various software programs and electronic medical record (EMR)
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team which offers educational opportunities and an inter-professional culture, please submit your resume on line or by e-mail to Melanie Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all interest in our team, we regret that we are only able to contact those selected for an interview.
Southlake Academic Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.