300 Silver Star Blvd
Scarborough ON M1V 0G2
Carefirst Family Health Team is a non-profit, primary healthcare clinic located in Richmond Hill and Scarborough. They offer medical services and healthcare programs to a diverse community in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Carefirst FHT is currently seeking a Social Worker to join our Family Health Team.
- Provide assessment, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of social work services (counselling/therapy, case management, group program facilitation, and care coordination) to patients and their families to aid them in coping with social, emotional, and economic difficulties related to medical concerns/illness
- Act as a coordinator of the INTEGRATE Care Program, providing patient-centered care, conducting house calls, home visits, and engaging patients and families in developing individualized care plans
- Collaborate with physicians and other team members in the provision of patient care, participate in interdisciplinary team rounds
- Participate in the development and maintenance of effective linkages with the inter-professional health care network (i.e., hospitals, community service providers)
- Conduct psycho/social assessments, diagnosis, and therapeutic intervention with patients and families to assist them to achieve optimum social functioning and psychological wellbeing
- Support patient self-management through the development of educational resources with respect to psychosocial health, and wellness programs
- Maintain an updated knowledge of community resources, identify gaps in service and respond to client and community needs
- Mentor and supervise student placements throughout the school year
- Practice in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of continuous quality improvement and evidence based practice
- Monitor patient progress; maintain updated records, charts, statistics, reports, etc.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a primary health care setting preferred, experience in Geriatrics/working with seniors is an asset
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Well-developed assessment and intervention skills, with knowledge of coordinated care plans and community resources, especially in the areas of crisis services, mental health, and long term care
- Experience in providing counseling to diverse age groups using solution-focused, cognitive behavioral approach, group facilitation, motivation interviewing, and mindfulness
- High degree of judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated attention to detail and efficient time management; capacity to prioritize and work in a very active work environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, EMR, and data-based applications (i.e., CIMS)
- Exceptional oral and written communication, with solid conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English, ability to speak a second language commonly used by our clients such as Cantonese and Mandarin is an asset
- Current police vulnerable sector check completed within one year
Please send your cover letter and résumé to:
Carefirst is an equal opportunity employer. They are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While they thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.