379 Church Street, #202
Markham ON L6B 0T1
As a member of the Inter-professional Primary Care Team, the Social Worker provides comprehensive and coordinated mental health services to patients, including therapeutic assessment, care planning and appropriate treatment. The Social Worker will offer a spectrum of care supporting the mental health needs of patients, ranging from early prevention and crisis intervention to offering time limited counselling. She/he will participate in ongoing assessment of patient needs and work collaboratively with independent primary care providers and other inter-professional healthcare providers to develop and implement appropriate programming to meet identified needs. For more information on the ReACT program, please visit our website.
- Conduct psycho-social assessments, formulations and detailed intervention plans on those patients referred for service. Maintain a high level of care with and for patients.
- ]Provide oral and written feedback and consultation as necessary to family doctors and inter-professional staff
- ]Establish and maintain ongoing liaisons with agencies and community resources that are necessary to the integration of programs and services.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, work collaboratively with community agencies to plan and provide relevant mental health promotion and disease prevention programs, services and activities.
- Provide clinical assessments formulations and treatment using appropriate methods and skills of Clinical Social Work practice that comply with the standards of practice.
- Provide patient education through individual or group sessions to help in the understanding and management of particular mental health issues
- Where reasonable and appropriate, support learning and professional development of Family Medicine Residents, Medical and Nursing students, inter-professional team members and other staff
- Participate in ongoing research related to client groups of the FHT
- This position may require additional community counseling groups, health education, and program planning with the relevant team members
Qualifications & Experience:
- Formal, Minimum Education Required: Master of Social Work Degree from accredited Faculty of Social Work.
- Current membership with The Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Preference will be given to those who have demonstrated those qualities of ability and professionalism necessary to a primary health care setting
- Minimum of 2 years post M.S.W. experience with proven ability to provide a variety of treatment modalities especially cognitive behavior therapy, and solution focused therapy
- Experience working with families from diverse communities and backgrounds both in clinic and community settings
- Ability to communicate in languages reflective of the community served is an asset
- Experience in facilitating groups effectively both in community and within health service organizations
- Experience and skill in group program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work effectively with all members of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; patient service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity.
- Strong clinical skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment, including some evenings and weekends
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license is an asset
- Fluency in a second language from the priority communities of Markham and Eastern York Region would be considered an asset
Deadline to apply is July 6, 2020 at 11:59pm.
To apply, please forward your cover letter & resume
Please submit cover letter and resume as one document to email@example.com Please include the position title in the subject heading.