100 Frank Miller Drive Howland Building
Huntsville ON P1H1H7
The qualified Registered Nurse/Registered Practical Nurse/Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist will provide pulmonary rehabilitation, smoking cessation and cardiac rehabilitation to patients of the Algonquin Family Health Team. This is a contract position, covering a staff leave of absence and will report to the Director of Programs & Quality Initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of chronic disease management programs;
- Conduct one-on-one patient assessment/education appointments;
- Support and Lead group education/rehabilitation sessions;
- Promote awareness of chronic disease management programs, services, and protocols;
- Participate in the evaluation of health programs;
- Attend continuing education focused on chronic disease management;
- Involve patients in decisions about managing their chronic disease;
- Encourage patients to take action for their own health;
- Be comfortable delivering education and care virtually and in-person during COVID-19.
- In good standing with the relevant Self-Regulatory College;
- Valid Ontario drivers’ license with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Experience in chronic disease management;
- Knowledge and application of best practices in chronic disease management;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- Evidence of individual and group teaching skills;
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Experience in program development an asset;
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques and various learning modalities;
- Previous education/certification in smoking cessation, chronic disease management, respiratory educator, or COPD would be an asset.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to: Donna Hildebrand by e-mail (email@example.com) by November 15th 2021.