1005 Medical Centre Road, PO Box 70
Sharbot Lake ON K0H 2P0
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Part-time (0.4 FTE), permanent
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is seeking a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) to work as part of an energetic and committed inter-professional team. This RRT will work to their full scope alongside physicians, registered nurses, and other health care professionals to provide our patients with individualized, effective, timely and efficient care.
Sharbot Lake Family Health Team is a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals who provide primary health care services to residents in the communities of Central Frontenac as well as portions of North and South Frontenac. As a Registered Respiratory Therapist with our team, you will work both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to assess, diagnose and treat lung health problems, with an emphasis on health promotion and chronic disease management.
In keeping with our commitment to collaborative care, each member of the healthcare team plays an important part in providing effective, timely and efficient care.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in a community and be able to enjoy the pace of a family health clinic.
As a member of the SLFHT, the Registered Respiratory Therapist/Certified Respiratory Educator (RRT/CRE) assess and educates patients and their families or caregivers about lung health (i.e. asthma, COPD, etc). Reporting to the Executive Director, the RRT/CRE fosters a collaborative approach to lung health management in the community; promotes and utilizes opportunities to increase awareness, skills and knowledge within the community; identifies and participates in continuing education and research opportunities as appropriate to the goals of the program and in accordance with host site guidelines.
Education, Training and Qualities:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Certified Respiratory Educator in good standing or in the process of completing CRE certification
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine,
- Leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management, communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment,
- Proficiency with computers and electronic medical record systems.
- Liaise with other team members to achieve optimal outcomes to the patient, in the area of lung health
- Conduct assessments using an age/sex specific list of recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment,
- Employ critical thinking, evidence-based medicine, and best practice as frameworks for practice,
- Document observations, conversations, interventions, and collaboration relating to patient care in the patent record,
- Participate in community health initiatives such as education and building community networks with other organizations involved in improving community health.
Information about the position:
- This is a part-time (0.4 FTE - 2 days per week), permanent position,
- Ideal start date is April 2023
- Employee benefits are included
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and in keeping with the amount set by the Ministry of Health for Registered Respiratory Therapists.
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates to learn more about Sharbot Lake Family Health Team by visiting our website, www.sharbotlakefht.ca To apply to this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Deborah Krause Executive Director, Deborah.Krause@kingstonhsc.ca.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be able to prove that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or will be prior to commencing work. Candidates requiring accommodation for the interview process are invited to state this at the time the interview is scheduled.