119 Memorial Ave
Orillia ON L3V 5X1
Couchiching Family Health Team
Position: Registered Social Service Worker
Reports To: Complex Care Team Lead
Contract until September 30, 2023 – No benefits
The Registered Social Service Worker (RSSW) will provide comprehensive care for clients with chronic disease, communicate and collaborate with other members of the health care team and physician champions for the provision of evidence-based care and development of coordinated care plans.
The RSSW will be expected to identify service gaps and duplication. This position will establish a network within the community creating links between health care agencies, while assisting in developing coordinated care plans for individuals with chronic disease. The RSSW will be involved with patient and caregiver interviews; current and future state mapping, data analysis and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work to support the creation of coordinated care plans for individuals with mental health issues and social factors
- Identify service gaps and duplication in the community
- Communicate goals of Complex Care Team in the community
- Create links within the community with ODSP, OW, and community housing
- Complete required forms to support patient goals
- Prepare quarterly reports and monitor daily statistical date to ensure statistics are reported to the Ministry of Health in a timely fashion
- Collaborate and/or consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team within the clinic and externally with the community of care
- Provide assessment of goals, linking with community partners, advocate for clients and manage social issues that are barriers to care
- Participate in committees or community groups where an identified need for advocacy or representation is required
- Sit on core working groups including but not limited to: Clinical Triage Team and Patient Advisory Committee
- Provide culturally sensitive care
- Conduct in-services and workshops for team members, other health professionals and community partners as appropriate
- Assist with Home Visits by adhering to the Home Visit Policy Guidelines
- Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Work in compliance with Health and Safety laws adhering to safe work practices and procedures established by the CFHT
- Other duties as required
- Exceptional understanding of current, evidence based and best practice guidelines
- Maintain and upgrade knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of community assessment and development
- Education/Specific Job Requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Social Service Work, and registration with appropriate regulatory body
- Additional training or credentialing is considered an asset.
- Certification in CPR (BLS-C)
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings if required
- Ability to travel within the community
- Police Record Check
- 2 to 3 years related or applicable experience in a community, hospital or primary health care setting
- Experience working with ODSP/OSW, housing, and providing intensive case management in a home setting is required.
- Experience with Practice Solutions as asset
The Couchiching Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. The CFHT is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in our recruitment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations. The CFHT has an Accommodation Policy and Procedure to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
How to Apply
Please email all resumes and cover letters to Careers@cfht.ca with " Registered Social Service Worker" in the subject line.