6 - 1385 North Routledge Park
London ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest family health teams in Ontario. With more than 120 physicians across 16 sites within London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive inter-collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients. Over the past five years, our affiliated physicians have taken on more than 31,000 Ontarians who did not previously have a family doctor.
Family Health Team staff includes Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists and other Health care Professionals who will work with physicians as an interdisciplinary team, each using their experience and skills to provide patient centered care. For more information about Thames Valley Family Health Team please visit www.thamesvalleyfht.ca.
This Registered Practical Nurse position will be filled as back-fill position for TVFHT staff who have been redeployed to provide COVID-19 vaccine care. The 1.0 FTE and site location are subject to change dependent on need. The candidate selected for this position will be required to work on-site.
Requirements, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Able to work independently and provide episodic care under a medical order or directive
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- At least 2 years’ experience in primary care with knowledge of the Ontario immunization schedules, injection therapies, minor wound care and some chronic diseases.
- Experience with triage counselling, explaining basic test results and patient advice
- Knowledge and experience working collaboratively with community resources and home based nursing care
- Interested in being part of an effective team approach to primary care
- To consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans
- Case management skills and care coordination skills considered an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computer and previous experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required
Hourly Rate: $22.35 – $27.26
To Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: email@example.com no later than Friday, May 21, 2021 at 4:00 PM. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
To be eligible to apply you must have a Social Insurance Number and in some cases a valid work permit.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be first given to any internal Thames Valley FHT candidates.
Thames Valley Family Health Team is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our Support Office. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.