PrimaCare Community Family Health Team is a multidisciplinary primary health care team providing services to 13,000 patients in Paris, Ayr, St. George and Burford. With our values of Listen, Learn, Respect, Empathize, Educate and Trust we work to fulfil our mission “To partner with our patients: delivering team based quality care, connecting them to available heath resources and improving their quality of life”.
PrimaCare is currently seeking a part-time RPN to cover a maternity leave:
Registered Practical Nurse Part Time Position
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will provide primary care services to enrolled patients as part of an interdisciplinary team of primary care health professionals. The RPN will be expected to function within her/his full scope of practical nursing practice.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Acting as liaison between physicians and patients, providing health education and programming to patients and their families, coordinating arrangements of referrals, testing and advising, preparation for tests and coordinating orders for medication from pharmacy to patients.
- Interviewing patients to obtain health data.
- Well Woman and Well Baby visits, injections, ear syringing and some diabetic care.
- Mandatory current experience in primary care. Preference given to FHT experience.
- Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office and Electronic Medical Records, specifically PS Suites
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com the deadline for applications is May 15, 2019.