2300 Eglinton Ave west
Mississauga ON L5M 2V8
Who they are:
CVFHT is an Academic Family Health Team affiliated with Trillium Health Partners and the University of Toronto. It is an engaging inter-professional primary care team dedicated to continuous learning and excellence within primary care with a demonstrated track record of impactful quality improvement activities. It is a not for profit organization that receives funding from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and provides primary health care services to over 12,000 patients in Mississauga. The CVFHT also has a mandate to provide French language primary care services to the Francophone community.
The RN is responsible for delivering comprehensive nursing care as established by the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario. The nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care for clinic patients. The nurse will perform nursing duties as a part of the inter-professional team. It is expected that the nurse will seek opportunities to improve levels of service, recognizing the needs and expectations of the patient and the clinic.
LIST THE SPECIFIC DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Systematically collects health data in consultation with the patient for initial screening, ongoing assessment and in depth assessment to determine one or more unmet specific needs.
- Collects data in a timely fashion, analyze data and identifies problems/strengths
- Continuously updates assessment as patient status changes.
- Provides health education, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Performs telephone triage and monitoring within the office setting
- Provides health education, information and counseling to patients and families across the continuum of health care including immunization, chronic disease management, well baby and family care
- Performs technical nursing interventions including injections, changing dressings, wart treatment, ear syringing, ECGs, 24 hour BP monitoring, and Spirometry
- Demonstrates accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrates the nursing process through documentation.
- Provide teaching to Family Medicine Residents, Medical and Nursing students and inter-professional team members within scope of practice where it would help in their practice
- Participate in ongoing research related to client groups of the FHT
- Collaborates with the client and the inter-professional team in planning.
- Co-ordinates implementation of planned care with clients and team.
- Arranges consultation if illness or treatment is out of RN’s scope of practice.
- Liaise with community agencies as required
- Provide communication to hospital and community staff and other inter-professional team members as required to ensure smooth transition for care between care sites
Innovation, Program Design & Integration
- Works with leadership to create programs to support local, provincial and federal government priorities in the lens of population-based health planning for the NWM sub-region
- Analyze the needs of the community and ensure that programs and services will meet these needs
- Define goals and objectives & develop programs and services using a co-design approach with patients, physicians, allied health service providers and community partners that meet the population health needs of the sub-region
- Evaluate current Quality Improvement Plan to ensure standards or goals support the expansion
- Identifies and creates opportunities for new partnerships in the public and private sector that benefit the Credit Valley FHT.
- Provide program management support for all projects, initiatives and tasks related to innovations, program design and implementation of quality improvement projects.
- Develops, implements and evaluates strategies which build and sustain a high performance workplace and foster positive relationships with stakeholders
- Initiates, implements, and supports new or modified approaches, practices, and processes in the organization.
- Recognizes the need for change across service areas and sets priorities accordingly. Engages key stakeholders in the change process, understands the impact on both internal and external stakeholders and manages risks and benefits accordingly.
- Continually analyses the change process and makes necessary adjustments to maximize effectiveness.
- Leads or participates in committees and working groups as indicated by new initiatives
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Office Manager, the physician leads and the Executive Director
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least five (2) years of clinical experience in primary care (FHT) is a must.
- Experience working with both individuals and groups, both independently and as part of a team
- Training and experience in diabetes, dementia care, smoking cessation, and EMR will be considered assets
- Fluency in both English and French language will be considered an asset
- Strong clinical skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Competency in computer based programs (Microsoft Programs-Word and Excel)
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
CVFHT Provides competitive salary and benefits including a pension plan (HOOPP), extended health plan, dental plan, and many more.
How to Apply
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org