6-1385 North Routledge Park
St. Thomas ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team is one of the largest family health teams in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive inter-collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients.
This 0.4 – 1.0 FTE Registered Nurse role will be filled as a combination of vacancy and back-fill for TVFHT staff currently on leave on absence. The FTE is subject to change dependent on need. The candidate selected for this position will be required to work at multiple sites on-site in St. Thomas, ON.
This Registered Nurse role is focused on working collaboratively with patients, physicians, leadership, quality team and other health team providers to offer patient care (episodic care, chronic disease management and health promotion) in a primary care setting.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Excellent interpersonal skills re: patients and their families
- Must be team focused and flexible; works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
- An interest and experience in program development and group program delivery
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to provide episodic care under a medical order or directive and work independently
- Knowledge and experience working collaboratively with community resources, and an interest in systems navigation.
- Be comfortable with home visits, and coordinated care planning
- Understanding of the Chronic Disease Management and Patient Self-Management Models
- Proficiency in the use of computer and with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required
Hourly Rate: $31.1802 – $38.0246
How to Apply
To Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:00 PM. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
To be eligible to apply you must have a Social Insurance Number and in some cases a valid work permit.
While they thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
TVFHT is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact their office. www.thamesvalleyfht.ca