101-200 Speers Blvd.
Amherstview ON K7N 0B6
The Loyalist Family Health Team (LFHT) in Amherstview, Ontario, just minutes from the shores of Lake Ontario, is seeking a skilled, enthusiastic, dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) interested in collaborative team-based primary care to cover a 12-month parental leave. The LFHT is an interdisciplinary team of health professionals and administrators working collaboratively to provide high quality, comprehensive primary care to approximately 11,000 patients. The RN provides exceptional and informed primary care to patients while also being responsible for program planning, implementation, and assessment. This exciting opportunity will appeal to a strong team player interested in practicing full scope and providing excellent team-based care to a wide variety of patients in collaboration with a group of supportive physicians and committed interdisciplinary health care providers.
- Assessment, screening, education, and support to assist patients to achieve and maintain optimal levels of health
- Co-responsible for the development, implementation, management, and assessment of diabetes and smoking cessation programs
- Provides direct patient care within the RN scope of practice using LFHT Medical Directives
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current and unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Professional malpractice insurance
- Preferably one (1) year clinical experience (primary care experience an asset)
- Experience working in close collaboration with physicians to provide exceptional patient care
- Training and experience in diabetes, dementia care, smoking cessation, well woman care, and preventative care will be considered assets
- Experience working with both individuals and groups, both independently and as part of a team
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of regular business hours
- The successful candidate(s) should anticipate training to start immediately and expect their contract to conclude in June 2022
What we offer:
- Collegial and collaborative atmosphere with a commitment to employee and organizational development
- A commitment to open and respectful communication
- Salary range $66,733-74,148 commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2021. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. In your application, please include your preferred hours for a job share/part-time position. Loyalist FHT cannot guarantee these hours but will take them into consideration.