2695 North Sheridan Way
Mississauga ON L5K 2N6
The CarePoint Health is currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse (Primary Care)
Employment: Full-time, permanent
Schedule: Days. Some evenings and weekends may be required on occasion
Location: CarePoint Health – 2695 North Sheridan Way, Suite 120, Mississauga, ON
Who is CarePoint Health?
CarePoint Health is an inter-professional care team of physicians and allied health professionals that aims to improve the health and wellness of the South West Mississauga and East Mississauga communities. The team will deliver advanced inter-professional care to patients holistically by focusing on both medical concerns and needs related to the social determinants of health. CarePoint Health will provide all patients of affiliated physicians who would benefit from team-based care, the opportunity to receive the best possible care to produce optimal health outcomes.
CarePoint Health builds on the philosophy of the Patient’s Medical Home, where the patients receive the care they need throughout their life. CarePoint Health will support patients by connecting them to a coordinated, comprehensive team of health care professionals upon whom they can rely and work with to achieve their personal health goals. The goal is to achieve the Quadruple Aim of increased patient satisfaction, improving population health, reduced health care costs and improving provider work life.
The vision of CarePoint Health is to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team that is committed to:
- Providing equitable, access to seamless inter-professional care teams for patients with complex needs;
- Enabling effective partnerships with and between patients, families, primary care providers, social service agencies, and the community at large;
- Utilizing a single electronic medical record, openly and transparently to share health information within a patient’s circle of care (including patients and caregivers) to simplify a seamless approach to care;
- Incorporating research and innovation in health system design and service delivery;
- Providing access to digital health platforms such as e-visits, e-consults and shared electronic medical record;
- Targeting population health needs within the communities served focusing on populations such as mental health and addictions, seniors, immigrant health, and palliative care;
- Providing immersion programs and flexible specialist touchdown space to promote shared care between family physicians and specialists;
- Including the patient voice through a Patient Advisory Council;
- Supporting networking and continuing medical education opportunities for health care professionals;
- Creating a community of primary care practitioners;
- Improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care.
What is this role?
The Registered Nurse (RN) works collaboratively with interdisciplinary staff members to manage a variety of patient populations at CarePoint Health. The RN is responsible for the nursing care of assigned patients, with emphasis on assessment, education, prevention, maintenance and restoration of health utilizing the nursing process in the delivery of quality patient care. The RN role models’ professional values, beliefs and attributes, and practices in accordance with CarePoint Health’s mission and values, policies and procedures, and College of Nurses Standards and Guidelines.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Clinical Program Manager – Inter-professional Care, your key responsibilities would include:
- Co-ordinating, delivering, supervising and evaluating patient care
- Systematically assessing patients' physical, spiritual, cultural and psycho-social needs
- Assuming responsibility for health education and counselling of patients
- Assisting patients and their families in identifying resources which lead to the maximum state of health
- Collaborating with other members of the health care team to develop standards and routines for care of patients; areas include obstetrics, paediatrics and geriatrics
- Planning, organizing and determining priorities in the giving of patient care
- Active involvement in the overall coordination of patient care
- Initiating appropriate action in the response to changing patient needs
- Reporting and recording accurately and appropriately, using electronic charting
- Undertaking triage responsibilities, including telephone triage on-site and off-site
- Administering immunizations and other medications to all age groups
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to travel to satellite site or provide home visits as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The right individual would have:
- Hold current certificate of registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Possess a current BCLS certification
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience providing patient care to patients of all ages in a comprehensive Family Practice or relevant Ambulatory care setting
- Experience in Acute or Urgent care setting an asset
- Be bilingual as an asset
- Demonstrated achievement of good working relationships with colleagues, professional staff and the inter-professional team
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record (EMR) program
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a team member both intra and extra- departmentally
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance history
Are you ready to join an extraordinary team and do the best work of your life?
CarePoint Health offers employees an excellent benefits and pension plan package. Compensation for the role will be aligned with candidate’s skills and experience and within the budget of CPH.
Ministry Funded annual salary up to $73,000.00
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPH is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. They welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. They will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.