21 McGivern Street W
Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
JOB POSTING: Registered Nurse with interest in Respiratory
Position Type: Contract
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Location: Primary Care sites within Grey and Bruce Counties
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Reports To: Coordinator/Manager Asthma Research Group Inc.
The successful applicant works collaboratively within an inter-professional team, with an ongoing standard of excellence and leadership in cardio-respiratory care, education and research. Job responsibilities involve assessing the needs of patients, developing and implementing plans of care in consultation with patient/family and the inter-professional health care team. The Registered Nurse will act as a strong advocate for professional and medical advancement and have a commitment to furthering their own knowledge base through continuing education and life-long learning.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy & Stress
- Responsible for patient respiratory care, therapeutic treatments and the diagnostic procedures related to pulmonary (breathing) disorders and issues
- Consult with the physician and any other health care individual involved, to define the appropriate plan of action of the specific individuals’ case
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, and medication and dosages, compatible with physicians' orders
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Perform diagnostic testing, and case management strategies following evidence-based care and Canadian guidelines.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to manage patient care.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to physicians' orders.
- Maintain charts that contain patients' pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation and allay fears.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Certified Respiratory Educator in good standing with the Canadian Network for Respiratory Care strongly recommended
- Knowledgeable regarding the patient process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical care
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous, respectful and non-judgemental manner
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills when interacting with professionals or patients.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop patient centred goals and action plans.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org