1005 Medical Centre Road
PO Box 70
Sharbot Lake ON K0H 2P0
Position: Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Status: Full Time, 1 year contract
Hours of Work: 5 Days/40 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Sector: Primary Care-Family Health Team
Deadline: Position to be filled April 1, 2021
Closing date to receive applications is March 5. 2021. A complete job description is available upon request.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Certificate of competence from College of Nurses of Ontario (RN status)
- A member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (preferred), or willing to become certified within two years of employment.
- Experience in Diabetes Education
- minimum 2 years RN experience, preferably in a Family Health Team setting
- Excellent knowledge of insulin and Oral Anti-Hyperglycemia agent (OHA) treatment based on the 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Experience assessing and counseling diabetic patients.
- Experience working in primary or community care, preferably as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience with principles of adult education
- Experience with program development and the ability to support and provide input into the program evaluation process to align and
- determine priorities.
- Foot care assessment and teaching an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and above average attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to establish positive and supportive relationships with patients, families and Allied Health Care Professionals
- Sensitivity and awareness of cultural, racial, economic, and socially diverse communities
- Proficiency with various computer programs and application, especially Microsoft Office, TELUS (PS Suite)
- Excellent attendance and employment record required.
- Valid Driver’s License, valid insurance coverage, and access to vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Home Visits may be necessary.
Email to Fran Smith, Chair of the Sharbot Lake Family Health Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by March 5, 2021