6 - 1385 North Routledge Park
London ON N6H 5N5
The Thames Valley Family Health Team (TVFHT) is one of the largest family health teams in Ontario. With more than 115 physicians across 19 sites within London, and Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, the Thames Valley Family Health Team is committed to providing comprehensive inter-collaborative primary health care to over 162,000 patients. Over the past five years, our affiliated physicians have taken on more than 31,000 Ontarians who did not previously have a family doctor.
The Registered Dietitian provides primary health care functions and works in collaboration with an Interprofessional Healthcare Provider (IHP) team participating in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs and services of the Thames Valley Family Health Team. The Registered Dietitian will share their expertise and knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management across the lifespan of TVFHT patients.
The successful candidate will be expected to work virtually from home, with expectation to return to in-office work later this year.
- Academic preparation from an accredited Canadian university program in foods & nutrition or equivalent
- Practical training in an accredited practicum program in Canada or equivalent
- Three to five years clinical counseling and community nutrition experience or comparable skills, experience and education preferred
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Registration in good standing with College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required
Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge in health promotion and chronic disease management for primary care
- Strong skill set around Diabetes Management (CDE status an asset)
- Experience in Motivational Interviewing, and Self-Management Principles
- Desire to continually update knowledge around current evidence and best practices
- Strong organization and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be open, non-judgmental and client-centered
- Team player with demonstrated experience and commitment to working collaboratively
- Experience in use of EMR and PowerPoint
Hourly Rate: $31.1802 – $38.0246
Qualified and Interested candidates are to email a detailed resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 14, 2021 at 4:00 PM. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and medical screening.
To be eligible to apply you must have a Social Insurance Number and in some cases a valid work permit.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Preference will be first given to any internal Thames Valley FHT candidates.
Thames Valley Family Health Team is an Equal Opportunity employer and committed to hiring staff that reflect the full diversity of the communities where we live and work. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact our Support Office. All qualified applicants, including minorities, indigenous, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.