143 Metcalfe St.
Elora ON N0B 1S0
The Upper Grand Family Health Team (UGFHT) offers the opportunity to join an innovative, community-based primary health care team serving the Arthur, Fergus, and Elora areas. They are looking for a talented team player to join them as they continue to provide a model of excellence in rural primary health care.
The Registered Dietitian, as a member of a multidisciplinary primary care health team, provides medical nutrition therapy to patients through individual and group counseling and is a resource to family physicians, other allied health professionals and the community. The Registered Dietitian will provide counselling / therapy / treatment plans to help patients with a wide range of nutrition concerns. The Registered Dietitian will help the UGFHT to meet its strategic objectives by contributing to the chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a 4 year Dietitians of Canada accredited university food/nutrition program and successful completion of either the Dietitians of Canada accredited post-graduate dietetic internship program or combined Masters/internship program
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and proof of liability insurance
- CDE certification an asset and/or experience managing Type 2 DM
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Prior experience in assessment and counseling in a primary care setting is considered an asset
- Program development, facilitation and evaluation skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible within a dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Access to method of reliable transportation
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of computer and communication systems including e-mail and electronic medical records (EMRs)
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by February 28, 2020 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Upper Grand Family Health Team
143 Metcalfe St., P.O. Box 3082, Elora ON, N0B 1S0
Fax: (519) 843-7386
The Upper Grand Family Health Team supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. They encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates at any point in the selection process. Please direct questions and/or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Upper Grand FHT appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.