421 Greenbrook Dr.
Kitchener ON N2M 4K1
The New Vision Family Health Team (NVFHT) is seeking a 0.85 FTE Registered Dietitian to cover a one-year pregnancy leave starting February 10, 2020.
The NVFHT is a multi-disciplinary team located in the Waterloo Region providing primary care to 28,000 patients. We offer a friendly, collaborative and professional environment in a spacious facility.
As an integral member of New Vision Family Health Team, the Registered Dietitian (RD) provides individual nutrition/diabetes counselling and group education sessions while serving as a resource to the team. This incumbent will also oversee management of New Vision’s Diabetes Program.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must possess a 4-year Bachelor of Science or Applied Science degree, majoring in Nutritional Sciences or Human Nutrition (or equivalent); completion of Dietitians of Canada accredited Dietetic Internship program or combined Masters and Dietetic Internship program.
- Certified Diabetes Educator is preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a community based or clinical health service organization.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and nutrition counselling skills, as well as experience with group education.
- Emphasis on self-guided continuing education, collaborative practice approach, communication / networking skills and critical thinking.
- Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary health care team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, as role entails management of on-site Diabetes Program
Note: The above is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities associated with this role.
- 32 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
- Availability for at least one evening per week.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation as set out by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- 6 paid sick days/family responsibility days.
- Supports professional development (continuance of salary and allowance).
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Jennifer Willsie, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org