1036 Princess St
KINGSTON ON K7L 1H2
About Maple Family Health Team
The Maple Family Health Team is a primary health care organization with family physicians and other health care providers who work collaboratively to provide comprehensive, accessible and coordinated family health services to people in Kingston and surrounding areas.
About the position
The Registered Dietitian provides services to patients of Maple Family Health Team upon referral from the primary care provider or Nurse Practitioner. The Registered Dietitian works to promote good health by providing education and nutritional counseling for patients with challenging nutritional needs. Presently, sessions with the Dietitian are one-on-one, however group sessions will be offered once COVID-19 restrictions permit.
- 4 year Baccalaureate Degree in Food and Nutrition with successful completion of dietetic internship program
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Experience working as a Registered Dietitian in a health care setting where patient education is a major component of the position (preferably in a CHC or a Family Health Team)
- Experience assessing and counseling patients requiring therapeutic nutrition care plans
- Experience with both individual and group counseling
Representative duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting nutrition counseling and education for patients in a one-on-one setting.
- Developing appropriate care plans, taking into consideration the nutritional needs and socio-economic, psychological and cultural background of each individual.
- Monitoring patient progress and provide supports to facilitate treatment and meet goals.
- Developing and delivering group programs focused on identified nutrition issues at times and locations appropriate for patients, and participate in evaluating the effectiveness of such programs.
- Collaborating with other members of the healthcare team.
- Providing evidence-based nutrition information to patients and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable using motivational interviewing techniques.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to build strong rapport and working relationships with patients and fellow members of the healthcare team.
Information about this position:
- Full time; 5 days per week.
- This position will start in early June 2021 and is expected to be a 14-month term.
- Ability to work outside of regular office hours occasionally in order to meet patient demand for programming outside of the normal work day.
- Salary is commensurate with the Ministry of Health compensation grid for Family Health Team interdisciplinary healthcare providers
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to Elizabeth Cochrane, Human Resources Manager (click here). The Maple FHT thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.