Registered Dietitian (contract)
The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is seeking a Registered Dietitian (RD) to join our team on a 9-month contract covering a maternity leave, July 2019 to March 2020.
Prince Edward County is well-known to offer the best in rural living. 800 km of spectacular shoreline and beautiful scenery at your doorstep, fresh air, family farms and warm communities, live theatre, artists' studios and galleries, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry all combine to make “the County” a location of choice.
The PEFHT provides access to health care services for Prince Edward County residents. Our interdisciplinary team offers comprehensive, patient-centred primary health care including diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion.
As a member of the PEFHT, the RD is a resource to, and works collaboratively with the Diabetes Nurse Educator, Physicians and other health professionals to provide care and education for patients with diabetes and other nutritional concerns. The RD assesses, educates and develops the ongoing nutritional management of patients; and, together with the patient and their family, plans and implements realistic nutritional goals with ongoing evaluation of health.
● Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
● Certified Diabetes Educator is preferred.
● Related experience in patient care, specifically in a primary care setting is preferred.
● Demonstrated competence in delivering evidence-based nutrition recommendations.
● Knowledge of adult learning principles and ability to plan programs and develop educational materials.
● Knowledge of chronic disease self-management principles.
● Demonstrated effective leadership, coaching, educational and counselling skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team, as well as to work independently.
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
● Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical records is an asset.
PEFHT is a HOOPP employer.