1-6 Thompson Cr
Erin ON N0B1T0
East Wellington Family Health Team (EWFHT) offers the opportunity to join an innovative, community based, primary health care team serving the Erin and Rockwood area. EWFHT is looking for an outstanding team player to join us as they uphold a model of excellence in rural primary health care.
The EWFHT is offering a part-time, temporary position for a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator (16 hrs. per week) who is competent in his/her chosen profession; patient focused; a team player; effective communicator; and is experienced in providing teaching and counselling services to patients and community members with pre-diabetes and diabetes. The role includes direct patient care with individuals and in groups within a primary care/FHT environment. All elements of program delivery and evaluation are done in cooperation with the diabetes team Registered Nurse, Diabetes Educator.
This is a temporary, part-time (16 hrs a week) position that starts ASAP for up to 3 months with a possibility for extension to another 3 months.
- Baccalaureate degree in food and nutrition from a recognized university
- Certified Diabetes Educator designation
- Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience working within a primary care setting considered an asset
- Excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to establish positive and supportive relationships with patients, families and other health professionals
- Will work closely and partner with physicians and EWFHT Allied Health Professionals
- Excellent computer skills and experience using an EMR, ideally Practice Solutions
- Able to work in two (2) clinics – Erin and Rockwood
- Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle required.
- Provide individual nutrition counselling to clients with Pre-diabetes and document clinical encounters
- Facilitate group education classes
- Deliver presentations to community groups
- Develop educational resources
- Participate in team meetings and program initiatives
- Perform administrative tasks as required
If your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 23rd, 2019.
East Wellington Family Health Team is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. EWFHT thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your skills and experience match the requirements of this position, please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com